Certificate in Financial Fundamentals (CertFin)
CertFin provides the foundation of core knowledge in financial and management accountancy, economics and statistical analysis, corporate taxation and business law. It establishes the underlying financial understanding that underpins corporate treasury.
CertFin comprises stage one of the AMCT Diploma in Treasury but is also available as an individual certificate.
- Study method
Online distance learning with optional face-to-face teaching.
4 study modules
- Study time
200 study hours
- Next course starts
October 2013 for exam in April 2014
- Enrolment deadlines
15 September 2013 for exams in April 2014
15 March 2014 for exam in October 2014
4 written exams
- Exam date
10 April 2014
- Course fees
£1200 + VAT
"CertFin gives you the sound background that anyone working in treasury needs. I found the economics and statistical analysis module very interesting as i always need to make decisions or recommendations based on appropriate analysis" John Baptist Tumwine, Business Development Manager, Fixed Income and Treasury, national Social Security Fund.
What will you learn?
On completion of the course you will:
- Understand the principles of financial statements, company reporting and accounting requirements relevant to treasury
- Learn how to apply a basic theoretical framework for analysis of commercial activity and employ statistical techniques relevant to business
- Appreciate how taxes are collected in different countries and how the tax authorities assess such taxes
- Understand the potential legal implications and background to the transactions you enter into during your working day
Who should take this qualification?
The course is designed for people who:
- Have little or no previous finance experience or do not hold accountancy qualifications
- Are in the early stages of their career or considering a career in treasury or corporate finance either domestically or internationally
- Work in financial institutions where there is a need to understand the corporate customer