Certificate in Financial Maths and Modelling (CertFMM)
The Certificate in Financial Maths and Modelling emphasises the practical modelling of real life problems and opportunities. The course provides an integrated set of quantitative tools to understand and explain financial instruments, financial risk and corporate value. CertFMM comprises an optional stage three module of the AMCT Diploma in Treasury but is also available as an individual certificate.
- Study method
Online distance learning with optional face-to-face teaching.
6 study units
4 to 6 months
- Next course starts
October 2013 for exam in April 2014
- Enrolment deadlines
15 September 2013 for exam in April 2014
15 March 2014 for exam in October 2014
3 hour written exam
- Exam date
8 April 2014
- Course fees
£1200+VAT, £1080+VAT (if taken as part of AMCT)
"I would definitely say my analytical skills have improved since sitting CertFMM. I am able to understand certain structures much easier than before." Shyam Sankar, Director, Investment Management, WestLB AG
What will you learn?
- Write your own Excel models
- Use spreadsheet models to illustrate and explain financial relationships to non-specialist colleagues and clients
- Validate, explain and apply the calculations used in identifying risk
- Understand the underlying modelling assumptions behind strategic decision making
- Examine and analyse interest rate sensitivity
- Explain how portfolios can be measured in terms of risk and the limitations of those measures
- Value options and other financial instruments
- Understand and apply value at risk
Who should take this qualification?
- Corporate treasurers who need to manage financial risk, financial instruments and funds
- Market practitioners working in banks and financial institutions
- Investment bankers
- Consultants advising banks and corporates