Having been in treasury for a number of years, I felt it was the right time to both broaden and deepen my skills. My manager is AMCT qualified so was well aware of the advantages an ACT qualification can provide. CertFMM provides a broad coverage of detailed technical background on the maths that underpins financial instruments and risk analysis. As an added benefit, the course provided useful basic grounding in modelling best practice. ACT qualifications allow you to gain a good understanding of all areas of treasury, its role and its importance within organisations. You are able to study chosen areas in greater detail through the second stage electives. The qualifications are respected for their rigour and being AMCT qualified means something worthwhile.
Certificate in Financial Maths and Modelling (CertFMM)
How you study
Online distance learning with dedicated tutor support
6 study units
Duration & study time
6 months; 200 study hours
Written exam (3 hrs)
Enrol as a standalone cert
Enrol as part of AMCT
Start Apr 14: Exam 7 Oct 14
Start Oct 14: Exam tbc Apr 15
15 Mar: Oct exam sitting
15 Sep: Apr exam sitting
Standalone certificate: £1320+VAT
Part of AMCT Diploma: £1190+VAT
Understand how instruments are valued and develop modelling techniques
With a highly practical emphasis, CertFMM delivers the quantitative tools used in financial modelling to investigate and thoroughly understand complex products and concepts regularly used by corporate treasuries. Practical expertise is underpinned by conceptual analysis, providing you with an understanding of the assumptions, applications and limitations of modelling used in strategic decision making.
Is this qualification for you?
CertFMM will deliver on your career needs and goals if you:
- Need to understand the theory behind the structure of financial products in order to understand how such instruments are valued.
- Are responsible for structuring a risk response portfolio, either as a treasury manager or adviser.
- Need to be able to independently value your portfolio of treasury instruments.
Why take this qualification?
- Master the practical modelling of real life financial challenges and opportunities.
- Enhance your career with a certified professional qualification from the leading provider of international treasury education.
What will you learn?
- Develop and use spreadsheet models to explain financial relationships to non-specialist colleagues and clients.
- Understand the underlying modelling assumptions behind strategic decision making.
- Explain how portfolios can be measured in terms of risk and the limitations of those measures.
- Value a wide range of financial instruments.
- Understand and apply Value at Risk models to business situations.
- Understand and explain financial instruments, financial risk and corporate value and the relationship between them.
- Master alternate methods of valuation of options and be confident selecting appropriate options structures for financial risk management.