As Financial Controller at Heal & Son Limited I am responsible for all areas of Finance, including Treasury. When I enrolled on the CertITM course I had not studied for a professional examination since 1998 and it was a challenge to step back into the classroom. I found the CertITM course extremely interesting and I thoroughly enjoyed studying the topics. It was particularly satisfying that the topics were areas that I was involved in on a daily basis and therefore could use the knowledge I was gaining almost immediately. I found the study materials well written and the study support that is available is excellent. I really enjoyed studying for the CertITM with ACT and am already enrolled on my next course.
Certificate in International Treasury Management (CertITM)
How you study
Online distance learning with dedicated tutor support
6 study units
Duration & study time
6 months; 200 study hours
Multiple choice exam (3 hrs)
Enrol as a standalone Cert
Enrol as part of AMCT
Start Apr 14: Exam 9 Oct 14
Start Oct 14: Exam tbc Apr 15
15 Mar: Oct exam sitting
15 Sep: Apr exam sitting
Treasury management with an international perspective that delivers comprehensive knowledge and skills you can put to immediate use
CertITM introduces the language and core technical concepts of treasury, integrating them in a way that is relevant and portable between roles, organisations and locations worldwide. It is a time and cost efficient way to ensure you can demonstrate a practical understanding of international treasury, its language, principles and techniques.
Is this qualification for you?
CertITM will deliver on your career needs and goals if you:
- Are in the early stages of your treasury career or want to join a treasury or corporate finance team and need to develop your skills to progress.
- Want to advance your treasury career and consolidate your knowledge and experience with a qualification that demonstrates your dedication and expertise.
- Need to understand the wider issues facing corporate financiers, risk managers and treasurers as part of your business education.
- Perform an advisory or consultancy role where you deal with treasury matters and need to appreciate the corporate context.
Why take this qualification?
- To gain a clear understanding of the essential principles and skills of international treasury that you can put into use immediately in your current role.
- Enhance your career with a certified professional qualification from the leading provider of international treasury education.
- Be eligible to become a member of the ITM faculty which offers continuous professional development and networking opportunities for CertITM holders.
What will you learn?
- A ‘big picture’ understanding of how treasury is linked to all aspects of an organisation.
- Understand and apply the essential principles of international treasury management.
- Skills and confidence to actively contribute to the financial decision-making process of your organisation.
- Manage specific risks using a variety of financial instruments.
- Ability to implement a financial risk management framework into your organisation.
- Identify alternate treasury structures, and assess and recommend the most appropriate for your organisation.
- Assess alternate sources of finance for your organisation, identifying the risks and benefits of each in support of the business’ strategy.
- Understand the importance of treasury policies and controls, and develop an effective reporting interface with the Board of Directors.