CertRM equips me with a comprehensive understanding of the issues relevant to managing treasury risks. It provides a robust framework to approach these issues by analysing how these risks arise and how they can be managed effectively. The practical nature of the CertRM course prepares me to manage real life situations faced in my day-to-day work and has enabled me to apply the framework consistently to manage the foreign exchange, interest rate and liquidity risks that are especially prevalent in the emerging markets. These are amongst the key challenges faced in my role as a regional treasury manager in BAT. I would definitely encourage all treasury professionals to obtain this qualification and develop your capabilities.
Certificate in Risk Management (CertRM)
How you study
Online distance learning with dedicated tutor support
5 study units
Duration & study time
6 months; 200 study hours
Written exam (3 hrs)
Enrol as a standalone cert
Enrol as part of AMCT
Start Apr 14: Exam 2 Oct 14
Start Oct 14: Exam tbc Apr 15
15 Mar: Oct exam sitting
15 Sep: Apr exam sitting
Standalone certificate: £1320+VAT
Part of AMCT Diploma: £1190+VAT
Theories, principles and tools of financial risk management
Financial risks exists in all organisations and it is vital that the treasury can support the business in identifying and managing these risks. CertRM delivers the practical knowledge and skills needed to address everyday problems in financial risk management.
Is this qualification for you?
CertRM will deliver on your career needs and goals if you:
- Are in a senior treasury position but feel your knowledge of risk management may let you down.
- Are moving into a risk management role and need to develop your risk management skills and understanding.
- Want to gain an understanding of the wider issues of managing financial risk on an enterprise-wide basis.
- Are responsible for treasury matters or financial risk management as part of a wider overall role.
Why take this qualification?
- Acquire the key concepts and tools used in financial risk management and be able to implement a framework to manage those risks within your organisation.
- Enhance your career with a certified professional qualification from the leading provider of international treasury education.
- Be eligible to become a member of the RM faculty which offers continuous professional development and networking opportunities for CertRM holders.
What will you learn?
- Understand the essential theories, principles and techniques of financial risk management and how they fit with an organisation's strategy and its overall risk management objectives
- Identify risks affecting an organisation and set financial risk management policy and objectives to create and maintain shareholder value
- Confidently contribute to senior level discussions and drive the agenda on financial risk management
- Technical knowledge of enterprise wide risk management tools and the techniques to apply them in your daily working environment
- In-depth understanding of derivatives and other techniques used to manage financial risk