Practical Treasury Management
An in-depth look at the role and key functions of corporate treasury
|Fees||ACT Members and Students
£3000 + VAT
Accountancy Body Members
For further information about this course please contact:
T: + 44 (0)20 7847 2573
Is it for you?
Yes, if you’re:
- A treasury manager, treasury dealer, treasury assistant or a new entrant to the treasury function.
- A specialist who requires an overview of the total treasury function.
- Someone who works with treasury internally (e.g. an accountant, member of tax staff, IT, or an internal auditor).
- A banker, auditor, software vendor, or a consultant wishing to understand more about treasury.
What is it about?
This highly interactive five-day course provides a comprehensive overview of the treasury function for new entrants, bankers and those working alongside the treasury function.
Providing the perfect forum to learn about the corporate treasury function in modern
international markets, this course is ideal for anyone who wants to understand more about treasury operations – including finance directors, accountants, tax managers and line managers. Banks will find the insight into their corporate clients equally invaluable.
The course brings together participants from all over the world and provides a perfect opportunity to network and reflect upon best practice.
Presentations from senior practitioners bring a ‘real-life’ perspective, culminating in a case study which gives participants the opportunity to apply some of the skills they have learnt to a corporate example.
Cash management fundamentals
- Structure of the treasury function
- Cash flow and the business
- Working capital management
- The role of the cash manager
- Important cash management concepts
- Managing liquidity
Capital markets and funding
- Debt and equity
- Credit ratings
- Alternative funding solutions
- Capital structure and investment returns
- Risk, return and the cost of capital
- Investment decision making
- Shareholder value
International payments and banking systems
- International banking infrastructure
- Making international payments
- Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA)
Foreign exchange and risk management
- Introduction to foreign exchange
- Risk management and evaluation
- Financial risk and instrument types
- Risk management policy
International liquidity management
- International liquidity management tools
- Managing international liquidity
- Case study
What will you gain?
- An overview of the fundamentals of international treasury management.
- Insight into core areas, including cash and liquidity management, capital markets and
funding, corporate financial management, risk management and treasury operations and control.
- An opportunity to network with an international group of participants.