Council Elections 2017
Would you like to be involved in shaping the future of your profession?
Council election for the term commencing 1 May 2017.
We have four vacancies on Council for the term commencing 1 May 2017.
We invite nominations from members (Hon FCT, FCT and AMCT).
I’m interested in standing for election to Council, what should I do?
- Contact Ria Robinson, Director of Membership and Company Secretary, for general advice about Council and the election process. Call +44 (0)20 7847 2555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Have a more detailed chat with a current member of Council about what’s involved and how to work with the ACT. Ria will be happy to arrange this for you;
- Read the Council Guidelines for detailed information about the role and responsibilities of Council and the election process;
- Read the Council Election Notice 2017;
- Complete the nomination form and return to Ria Robinson by 23 February 2017. Your nomination will need to be supported by two ACT members (HonFCT, FCT or AMCT).
Want to be involved with the ACT before standing for Council?
Whether it’s joining one of our panels or working groups, supporting your local regional group, speaking at an event or mentoring a member through the ACT Mentoring Scheme, there are many ways to get involved and you can give as little or as much time as you can spare.
Not only are these activities excellent for your professional development but they also give great understanding and insight into the work of the ACT and provide an excellent platform from which to progress through to standing as a Council member. Find out more here.