Help shape the future of your profession
We have THREE vacancies on Council for the term commencing 1 May 2019 and we invite nominations from members (Hon FCT, FCT and AMCT).
It is important that Council consists of individuals with a breadth of perspective reflective of our membership and society and with a varied mix of skills and experience. We therefore encourage members from diverse backgrounds and at different stages of their career to stand for this year’s Council election.
Council recently identified the skills and experience that it felt would be particularly desirable. These are:
- Financial expertise, including financial accounting, management accounting, business planning, corporate finance and treasury
- Risk management - both financial and business risk
- Education - both learning and assessment
- Marketing and brand development
- PR and lobbying
- International development
- Banking - treasury and other
- Smaller company and / or not-for-profit business management
- Legal and regulatory experience
Financial and risk management skills are essential for any board but particularly so for a body like the ACT, operating in the financial sector. Of course, these are the skills in which our members excel and so we are also keen to encourage individuals with experience in any of the other areas listed.
I’m interested in standing for election to Council, what should I do?
1. In the first instance, contact Ria Robinson, Director of Membership and Governance, to arrange a discussion with Ria and one or more current Council members so that we can let you know more about the election process, what Council membership involves and answer any questions you may have. This discussion is required for all members considering standing for election to Council so please allow enough time ahead of the nomination form submission deadline (see 4 below). Contact Ria on +44 (0)20 7847 2555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Read the Council Terms of Reference.
3. Read the Council Election Notice 2019.
4. Complete the Nomination Form and return to Ria Robinson by 26 February 2019 . Your nomination will need to be supported by one other ACT member (HonFCT, FCT or AMCT)
If you are not a voting member but have experience in one of the wider areas listed above and would like to get more involved with the ACT, please contact Ria for an informal chat.
Would you like to get involved in other areas of the ACT?
If you are not a Fellow or Associate Member or if you would like to get involved in other areas before standing for election to Council, there are many opportunities to support the profession, build your network and complete valuable CPD. Find out more here or contact Ria as above.