Membership whilst studying
Student membership is designed to support you as you progress through an ACT qualification. The qualification provides you with quantifiable and assessed skills, whilst your ACT membership provides you with access to the ACT's wider knowledge base and a range of benefits to help advance your career - from resources to help you develop your business and behavioural skills at the ACT career hub, to networking opportunities at our events.
Student membership explained
Put simply, student membership means that you need to hold some form of membership of the ACT whilst you study an ACT qualification or take an ACT Assessment. The type of membership you hold will depend on which qualification you are studying for. Take a look at the table below:
|Qualification||Member status whilst studying||Member status once qualified||Designatory letters|
|CertTF||eAffiliate member||eAffiliate member||CertTF|
|AwardCMF||eAffiliate member||eAffiliate member||AwardCMF|
|CertT||Student member||Affiliate member||CertT|
|CertICM||Student member||Affiliate member||CertICM|
|DipTM||Affiliate member||Associate member||AMCT|
Benefits of ACT membership whilst studying
- Gain recognition as an active and engaged member of the treasury community
- Take advantage of membership of a globally recognised chartered professional body, join over 7000 Members in 100 countries
- Access to thought leaders within the finance profession, our lobbying work and attention to topical issues
- Annual subscription to The Treasurer magazine, both in print and online
- Access to the ACT career hub
- Access to our CPD activity log, allowing you to set objectives for yourself and track them as you progress
- Access to our mentoring scheme, Mentor Me, where our smart software will match your needs with a suitable senior professional
- Develop your skills further by joining one of our working groups, committees and our treasury forum
How much is membership?
If you are joining as an eAffiliate or Student member, you pay the initial member fee upfront when you start studying (see 'How do I join as a member?' below). If you are joining as a Student member and you book on to your qualification part way through the year, you will pay a pro-rata amount to start with. Thereafter, each year you will be sent an invoice for the full year fee.
The membership fee you pay relates to the membership level you are at whilst studying.
|eAffiliate||12 months free with CertTF, £50 thereafter||Annual, rolling from date of joining|
|Student member||£148||Annual, 1 May - 30 April|
|Affiliate member||£151||Annual, 1 May - 30 April|
|Associate member||£270||Annual, 1 May - 30 April|
|Fellow||£295||Annual, 1 May - 30 April|
|Upgrade fee (applicable when becoming an Associate member)||£99 6 weeks after passing Dip TM, £199 thereafter||One-off|
How do I join as a member?
This depends on your path of study:
Study with the ACT Learning Academy – you will buy your eAffiliate or Student membership at the same time as your online course via the Learning Academy.
Study with an ACT Approved Centre – buy your eAffiliate or Student membership here
Take the assessment only route - buy your eAffiliate or Student membership here
What happens to my membership once I've completed my qualification?
Once you complete your qualification you will be eligible to upgrade your membership with us and use your designatory letters:
- If you have passed the Certificate in Treasury Fundamentals or Award in Cash Management Fundamentals you will continue to be an eAffiliate member of the ACT.
- If you have passed the Certificate in Treasury or Certificate in International Cash Management and have paid your student member subscription fee for the year you will be automatically upgraded to Affiliate membership of the ACT.
- If you have passed the Diploma in Treasury you will be invited to upgrade to Associate membership of the ACT - additional fees apply.
- If you have passed the MCT Advanced Diploma you will be automatically upgraded from Associate membership to Fellowship of the ACT.
What happens to my membership if I go on and book the next qualification?
- If you have passed the Certificate in Treasury Fundamentals or Award in Cash Management Fundamentals and you go on to book the Certificate in Treasury or Certificate in International Cash Management you will need to become a Student member and pay the pro-rata fee at the time of booking.
- If you have passed the Certificate in Treasury and go on to book the Diploma in Treasury Management, you will have been upgraded to an Affiliate member and will be sent an invoice for the Affiliate member fee each year while you study.
- If you have passed the Diploma in Treasury Management and go on to book the MCT Advanced Diploma, you will have been upgraded to an Associate member and will be sent an invoice for the Associate member fee each year while you study.
How do I book onto an ACT qualification
If you are not already booked on an ACT qualification with us then you can view our available courses here.