Membership whilst studying
Student membership is designed to support you as you progress through an ACT qualification. The qualification provides you with quantifiable and assessed skills, whilst your ACT membership provides you with access to the ACT's wider knowledge base and a range of benefits to help advance your career - from resources to help you develop your business and behavioural skills at the ACT Career Hub, to networking opportunities at our events.
Student membership explained
Put simply, student membership means that you need to hold some form of membership of the ACT whilst you study an ACT qualification or take an ACT Assessment. The type of membership you hold will depend on which qualification you are studying for. Take a look at the table below:
|Qualification||Member status whilst studying||Member status once qualified||Designatory letters|
|CertTF||Student member||eAffiliate member||CertTF|
|AwardCMF||Student member||eAffiliate member||AwardCMF|
|CertT||Student member||Affiliate member||CertT|
|CertICM||Student member||Affiliate member||CertICM|
|Diploma||Student member||Associate member||AMCT|
|Advanced Diploma||Associate / Student member||Fellow||FCT|
Benefits of ACT membership whilst studying
- Gain recognition as an active and engaged member of the treasury community
- Take advantage of membership of a globally recognised chartered professional body, join over 7000 Members in 100 countries
- Access to thought leaders within the finance profession, our lobbying work and attention to topical issues
- Annual subscription to The Treasurer magazine, both in print and online
- Access to the ACT Career Hub
- Access to our CPD activity log, allowing you to set objectives for yourself and track them as you progress
- Access to our mentoring scheme, Mentor Me, where our smart software will match your needs with a suitable senior professional
- Join our Future Leaders in Treasury group, designed to provide support and resources tailored to those in a tactical, operational and managerial role
- Develop your skills further by joining one of our working groups, committees and our treasury forum
How much is membership?
You can buy your ACT student membership at the same time as you buy your learning materials through the ACT Learning Academy. Student membership is valid for the duration of your learning licence.
|CertTF student member||£100||Valid for your learning license while studying|
|AwardCMF student member||£100||Valid for your learning licence while studying|
|CertT student member||£173||Valid for your learning licence while studying|
|CertICM student member||£173||Valid for your learning licence while studying|
|Diploma student member||£173||Valid for your learning licence while studying|
|Advanced Diploma student member (direct entry)||£173||Valid for your learning licence while studying|
If you choose not to buy learning materials and simply sit an assessment you will need to buy eAffiliate membership here
What happens to my membership once I've completed my qualification?
Once you complete your qualification you will be eligible to upgrade your membership with us and use your designatory letters:
- If you have passed the Certificate in Treasury Fundamentals or Award in Cash Management Fundamentals you can be upgraded from student membership to eAffiliate membership of the ACT.
- If you have passed the Certificate in Treasury or Certificate in International Cash Management you can be upgraded from student membership to Affiliate membership of the ACT.
- If you have passed the Diploma in Treasury Management you can be upgraded from student membership to Associate membership of the ACT - additional fees apply.
- If you have passed the MCT Advanced Diploma you can be upgraded from Associate membership to Fellowship of the ACT.
How do I book onto an ACT qualification
If you are not already booked on an ACT qualification with us then you can view our available courses here.