January 3, 2017
Salary: £120,000 DOE plus package
Job type: Permanent
Posted on: 3 Jan 2017
A Group Treasurer is sought for PageGroup to be based in Weybridge.
PageGroup are considered market leaders in the recruitment industry spanning 28 different disciplines and with over 6,000 staff globally. Built entirely organically, we strive to be the best in any market in which we operate, whilst always delivering the absolute best to both our clients and our stakeholders. Customer service and delivery are at the heart of what we do and we pride ourselves on our Diversity & Inclusion policies as well as staff welfare.
PageGroup currently has a turnover in excess of £1bn, with highly profitable subsidiaries in 35 countries including Latin America and Asia, and a cash holding of circa £100m in 28 different currencies. The Group, which is only 40 years old, has plans to become a FTSE 100 company as it continues to grow in both established and emerging markets.
With the current economic climate, treasury has become a key focus for the Group as it looks to increase its awareness and management of risk as well as take a proactive approach to hedging, strategic cash management and working capital.
This role is a senior member of the finance and leadership teams and needs someone with gravitas and experience to set up and deliver a world class Treasury department in line with the delivery and service we expect of our employees. In order to implement the strategy there will be regular exposure to the Main Board, CEO and CFO as well as regional senior management.
Detailed job description
The Group Treasurer is responsible for all aspects of developing and executing the strategy of the department including the policy and related risk management activities, notably:
- A full review of the existing structure and also the activities pertaining to the department. This includes reviewing treasury risk management, undertaking a full risk review and implementing a robust structure that the new Group Treasurer sees fit;
- Group Funding to ensure efficient cash management and liquidity. The Group returns money to shareholders on a regular basis. The Treasurer will be required to review the requirement for and if appropriate, implement, a working capital facility;
- Banking relationships The Treasurer will be the main point of contact for all banks. One of the key projects will be the tendering process and re-evaluation of the banking structure in order to streamline the current structure;
- Cash management - responsible for setting up and management of cash structures for the Group; in particular, reviewing the need for and implementing appropriate cash pooling arrangements in each region. Currently only one region has such an arrangement. It is envisaged all regions would have some form of cash pooling arrangement;
- Group foreign-exchange policies and hedging activities, including overseeing the monthly hedge accounting process;
- Interest rate exposure management;
- Management of associated intercompany loan agreements;
- Issuance of Group guarantees and comfort letters;
- Treasury reporting for both internal and external purposes;
- Overall responsibility for implementing and enforcing an adequate controls framework over the treasury activities of the Group;
- Managing a team which includes an Assistant Treasurer and an Interim Treasury Manager;
- The development and appraisal setting of the team.
The role will be the key point of contact between the treasury function as well as management accounts, AP and AR (based in Slough) to ensure more efficient and robust processes. There is a real opportunity for this individual to shape and lead the department and create a leading global function. We want someone who will realise the potential of the opportunity whilst also delivering the service and value add our stake holders have come to expect.
The successful Group Treasurer is likely to be a candidate with a natural 'can-do' attitude. They will have the ability to multi-task and delegate to more junior members, whilst also getting 'stuck in' and be willing to understand the operational aspects of the Group Treasury function. They will also deliver top level strategy to the Board and Regional stakeholders.
The Group Treasurer will be expected to interact with a very large range of internal and external parties; a professional and personable approach is expected at all times to be a true business partner to both head office and the regional businesses to ensure the optimum running of the Group functions.
It is expected that you will be ACT qualified with strong previous experience in an international business, ideally in a FTSE listed business. Strategic cash management and risk experience will be integral to the role.
Staff management expertise would be desired as it is currently a team of 2.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking for a varied role in a listed group where you can truly make your mark.
What's on offer
Basic salary up to £120,000 DOE plus Car Allowance and Bonus to be based in Weybridge.
How to apply
Please email Jessica Timelin on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPTS13786833Z