April 19, 2017
Salary: Competitive salary + benefits
Job type: Permanent
Posted on: 19 Apr 2017
What is the purpose of the role?
Reporting to the CFO, this role leads the treasury function. The role is responsible for developing and delivering the financing strategy integral to the delivery of the largest capital programme in the UK water industry. We have a significant presence and reputation in the debt capital market and banking markets having raised c. £1bn per annum across a variety of markets over the last 10 years. The Group Treasurer will lead activities in this area and manage relationships with all financial stakeholders including relationship banks, bond investors and rating agencies. The Group Treasurer will play an active role as part of the CFO's lead team and will deputise for the CFO as required with both internal and external stakeholders. A key part of the role will be to champion business engagement and ensure the function is working as 'one team' with the operating businesses.
What makes this role unique?
As the UK's largest water and wastewater company, we provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London, the Thames Valley and surrounding area. The treasury function has an extremely high external market profile; we are a regular issuer in global debt markets with net debt of £9.9bn at March 2016 and over £7bn of outstanding bond obligations. With a corporate family rating from Moody's of Baa1, we have access to a wide range of market opportunities. The treasury team was named Team of the Year at the ACT's 2013 Deals of the Year awards, with specific recognition of the team's "consistent excellence".
What will this role involve?
We have a centralised approach to the management of treasury, tax and insurance activities of the group. The department is headed by the Group Treasurer, who reports directly to the CFO.
- Ensure that our liquid funds and funding activities are managed effectively to meet the needs of the business; strong understanding of financial market risk, excellent treasury transaction execution capability a necessity.
- Build and maintain relationships with key banking institutions, bond investors, rating agencies and other financial market stakeholders.
- Be responsible for the provision and maintenance of accurate financial information including development of annual budget and re-forecasts.
- Maintain operational contact with stakeholders - lawyers, trustees, facility agent and rating agencies to ensure an effective working relationship and knowledge sharing.
- Be responsible for the provision of effective treasury service to all operating businesses within the company.
- Develop a strong team ethic and clear performance and development structure for the team.
- Act as a senior leader in both the company's finance community.
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will need to have strong people management and treasury experience in a corporate environment alongside a relevant professional financial qualification. You should possess a strong track record of shaping funding strategy and delivering value through strong execution. In addition, excellent analytical skills with proven ability to communicate at all levels are pre-requisite. Stakeholder management skills and the ability to challenge credibly at board and senior management level to the benefit of performance will be vital to this role. You will be capable of reconciling and meeting the expectations in a regulated environment and will have proven leadership skills to motivate and further develop an already successful team.
This role is based in Reading, only minutes from Reading train station and 25 minutes from London Paddington. We are offering a competitive salary reflecting the importance of this role and the skills and experience of the successful candidate, plus a competitive, targeted bonus, car allowance, private healthcare and excellent pension scheme.
How to apply
To apply for this role please visit http://jobs.thameswater.co.uk/jobs/view/6234/Group-treasurer.html