April 21, 2017
Job type: Permanent
Posted on: 21 Apr 2017
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
Here at New Look we like to think of ourselves as Rock Stars! Within our buzzing environment all our talented people work hard but we ensure some fun is thrown in too! We are entering a bold and brave new phase and we’re striving to be a fashion brand with attitude.
Fashion is personal and we want everyone to celebrate self-expression, helping our customers to look good, feel great and express themselves with fashion.
At New Look, the only rule is that there are no rules and we want people who can make a difference, think big, think brave and aren’t afraid to make mistakes.
LIFE AT NEW LOOK
London and Weymouth are the core homes of our Icons within key support functions such as Buying, Merchandising, Design, Digital, HR, Finance to name a few… Not forgetting our stores which are the heart of our business, bringing all of the creativity and innovation to life and our distribution centres in Stoke-on-Trent supplying the goods. All of our products are designed within our support centre to help you express your style, your way.
We will give you the opportunity to be the best, boldest and most individual self within your job role allowing you to take your skill set wherever you want it to go. As a growing global workplace there will be opportunity to mobilise your skillset should you want to work internationally. You will be working alongside inspirational leaders, colleagues and friends who will embrace your ideas.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Principal dealer of FX, interest rate and money market hedging
- Electricity and other commodity hedging as required from time to time
- Supporting the Treasury Manager in all areas of group cash management
- Ensure adequate cash liquidity for group requirements through forecasting
- Produce the reports for the monthly Treasury Committee meetings and follow-up actions including preparation of minutes
- Put agreed structures and strategies in place in order to minimize the Group’s overall exposure to foreign exchange, interest rate and commodity price risks
- Maintaining operational short term cash flows (FX)
- Treasury dealing (money markets, IR derivatives and FX)
- Assist the international team with credit checks and setup of franchise/3PE bank guarantees
- Maintaining front office dealing files
- Provision of information to support accounting department (e.g. hedge accounting)
- Keeping up-to-date with market movements
- Identification and proposal of opportunities for improvements in systems, processes and risk management techniques
- Analysis for projects as required e.g. project financing, re-financing
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting for management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- The right candidate will need to have a high degree of self-responsibility
- The right candidate will have a good knowledge of international financial markets and also have a good knowledge of risk management instruments and techniques
- The right candidate will also have the ability to work quickly and effectively under time-pressured circumstances, in order to ensure effective management of financial risks
- Good Lawson skills would be beneficial
- Experience of managing relationships with external stakeholders
- Experience of the FXall trading platform
- Ideally experience with an international bank or a corporate finance department with an international company; an understanding of international financial markets and economies is also important
- Excellent mathematical and Microsoft Excel skills
As well as the opportunity for great career progression, there is everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 50%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses. We understand that a Rock Star lifestyle isn’t a 9am -5:30pm thing… so we are open to talk about flexible working! No promises but let’s have the chat and see what we can do!
For more information and to apply, please visit https://apply.newlook.jobs/en/vacancies/12159/treasury_dealer/finance/we...