Group Assistant Treasurer
August 7, 2017
Location: Milton Keynes
Job type: Permanent
Posted on: 7 Aug 2017
Brewer Morris is delighted to be exclusively retained to recruit the Group Assistant Treasurer for this exciting organisation.
Renewi was created in 2017 by the merger of Shanks Group plc and Van Gansewinkel Groep B.V., and is a leading waste-to-product business ideally positioned to be part of the solution to some of the main environmental problems facing society today: reducing waste, avoiding pollution, and preventing the unnecessary use of finite natural resources. Above all, our team is committed and passionate about our mission: waste no more.
Reporting to the Group Treasurer the Group Assistant Treasurer is a key member of the Group Treasury function with responsibility for supporting all the Group Treasury activities, particularly the Municipal division and the post-merger treasury optimisation projects.
Lead support of Municipal division, including the PFI/PPP facilities
- Closely monitor construction projects and manage bank requirements
- Evaluate and lead refinancing opportunities as project performance tests are completed
- Actively manage debt investor relations with a dozen or so key lenders
- Monitor, manage and forecast project covenants, LCs and hedging
- Work closely with the Municipal finance team to understand the divisional cashflows
Group cash management optimisation
- Support banking tender to appoint a preferred bank/banks for the enlarged Divisions
- Support migration of payment processing from bank proprietary systems to the TMS
Optimise group treasury management system (Bellin TM5)
- Bellin was used by Van Gansewinkel, and is now partially deployed for the former Shanks Group companies
- Support the further stages of roll out working closely with the Divisions
- Manage annual update to the treasury policy and train key divisional team members to ensure compliance
- Support monitoring, management and execution of key market risks including diesel, FX, and interest rate
- Interface with back office for treasury settlements and ensure compliance with relevant regulation, eg EMIR
- Lead the preparation of materials for the Treasury Committee and other treasury reporting requirements
- Maintain an active dialogue with divisional teams on cash, working capital and risk management
- Review relevant content of the annual report and accounts
- Support ongoing management of and arrangement of Group facilities including bonds, term loan, revolving credit, bilateral/ ancillary guarantee with banks/ sureties, invoice discounting, derivatives, operating banking, and finance/ operating leases
- Work closely together with the other two members of the Treasury team
- Maintain strong relationships with key members of Group Finance, Group Tax, Group Legal, Divisional Finance and shared service centres
- Build strong connections with our relationship banks and other finance providers
This role is based in Milton Keynes with some travel to Netherlands and Belgium.
It is likely the candidate will be a corporate treasury professional with a broad experience in an international corporate environment.
- Technically strong professional with treasury qualifications (AMCT or equivalent)
- Preferable to be a strong accountant also with technical qualifications in IFRS and GAAP (ACA or equivalent)
- Strong attention to detail
- Intelligent: capable of analysing problems, identifying solutions and communicating them clearly
- Capable of leading through change: positive, tolerant, supportive, energised and passionate
- Open mind-set and willing to learn
- Organised, able to drive projects and redesign processes with a passion for continuous improvement
- Previous experience working with Group treasury systems. Bellin experience would be an advantage
- Languages: Dutch an advantage
Find out more and apply
For further details or to apply, please contact Rachael Crocker on email@example.com or 0207 415 2800. All third party CVs will be forwarded to Brewer Morris.