Cash and Bank Accountant
December 6, 2017
Location: Central London
Salary: c. £28,000 plus benefits
Job type: Permanent
Posted on: 6 Dec 2017
Michael Page Treasury are currently recruiting for a Cash and Banking Accountant to join the treasury department of a leading property company, based in their HQ in Central London.
The primary responsibility of this role will be the administration and accounting of a portfolio of the Group’s bank accounts, preparing treasury deal journals, assisting with the administration of tenant deposits and maintenance of related documents.
Detailed job description
Further responsibilities of the Cash and Bank Accountant include:
- Production of daily and monthly bank reconciliations for a portfolio of the Group’s bank accounts.
- Coordination of daily cash receipts upload with cashiers.
- Performing first review of bank reconciliations.
- Liaising with other finance functions for the timely clear down of bank reconciling items.
- Coordination within team to maintain a list of outstanding bank reconciliation items.
- Providing holiday and study leave cover for tasks performed by other team members.
- Daily monitoring of tenant deposits and liaising with Company Secretary and team on opening/closing of bank accounts and record maintenance.
- Monthly reconciliation of the Tenant Deposit holding and individual tenant accounts.
- Regular maintenance of the list of bank accounts including tenant deposits to ensure completeness of the list.
- Bi-annual full assessment and circulation of the list of bank accounts to the business.
- Maintaining documents on a daily basis and ensuring all deals agree to the supporting documents.
- Preparation of journal entries and bank entry amendment forms as required.
- Preparation of journals for the Group’s joint ventures’ interest and debt.
- Dealing with queries from the business units and other finance functions as required, including internal and external auditors.
- Preparing all deliverables required for the monthly accounts and the Group annual and half-yearly reports.
- Undertaking ad-hoc accounting projects and special review as required.
To be considered for the Cash and Banking Accountant position you require:
- Prior accounting experience within a corporate environment
- Ideally you will be part qualified/working towards an accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACT)
- Team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Find out more and apply
Job ref: 13880851