Senior Treasury Accountant
January 8, 2018
Location: Central London
Salary: c. £58,000 plus bonus and benefits
Job type: Permanent
Posted on: 8 Jan 2018
Michael Page Treasury are recruiting a Senior Treasury Accountant on behalf of an international healthcare group.
Our client is a global health care organisation, employing 84,000 people globally and with group revenues of £11bn in 2016. The treasury team, based in Central London, has a very high level of exposure at both board level and with external analysts and regulators.
The responsibility of the Senior Treasury Accountant is to provide accounting support to central treasury by recording and reporting the performance of the Group’s financial investments and borrowings in accordance with best accounting practice.
Detailed job description
The key responsibilities of the Senior Treasury Accountant role are:
- Responsible for the timely reporting of treasury performance and activities across the Group, in monthly accounts, 3YP forecasting and reforecasts.
- Responsible for reviewing that monthly Group submission of treasury companies is accurate and agrees to the underlying accounting records.
- Providing an analysis of the main drivers behind the consolidated treasury Group returns for monthly flash reporting.
- Responsible for review of statutory accounts for complex companies, including reviewing all supporting information and Group pack submission.
- Responsible for reviewing of other regulatory / statutory returns.
- Responsible for liaison with auditors and other interested parties ensuring appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring that all hedges are fully documented and all treasury companies’ accounts comply with current IFRS & UK GAAP standards.
- Responsible for the review of Group consolidated treasury disclosure notes at year end and half year close.
- Responsible for ensuring that processes and controls around the preparation of financial information (including Solvency II data) are robust, clearly documented and operating effectively to ensure that operational risks are minimised (e.g. authorisation procedures, balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations, external confirmations).
- Responsible for reporting any lapse in treasury financial controls as soon as they become aware of such lapses to the Treasury Controller and for implementing corrective action.
- Responsible for reporting the central treasury FX position in accounting results monthly, including all IFRS documentation.
information and explanations are provided in a timely and appropriate manner.
To be considered for the Senior Treasury Accountant position you require:
- A recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- To hold or be actively working towards holding further treasury qualifications (ACT).
- Significant technical accounting experience, with treasury experience being an advantage.
Experience should include:
- Good technical knowledge of IAS 39 / IFRS 9 and FX combined with an ability to “find” relevant information and answers.
- Exposure to the delivery of financial and management information reporting cycle to a senior level.
- A good grounding in treasury products and instruments.
Find out more and apply
Job ref: 13886598