Interim Assistant Treasurer – Front Office
January 26, 2018
Location: Central London
Salary: FTC c£100k + bonus + benefits
Job type: Permanent
Posted on: 26 Jan 2018
Brewer Morris are looking for an Interim Assistant Treasurer (Front Office) for a long term FTC based in London. In this role you will manage a small team and requires someone with previous front office dealing experience gained in a corporate with significant FX and money markets requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manages the front office and financial risks such as interest and currency risk.
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day FX management and execution and funding/liquidity risks including commodity related requirements.
- Reviewing local FX/funding activities by business units where group treasury is unable to enter into the transactions directly; providing guidance to ensure that activities comply with group policy.
- Analyses the group's interest rate and foreign exchange risks and recommends appropriate hedging strategies, incl. reporting exposures and hedges on a monthly basis.
- Maintain and update FX hedge accounting documentation.
- Leads company reorganisations and intercompany funding initiatives including accountability for required treasury actions outside of the front office team.
- Developing the group's cash forecasting processes.
- Support the Group Treasurer in the financing activities of the Group.
- Assisting the Group Treasurer in a number of other areas: preparing papers for the Board/Audit Committee; managing treasury risks in developing markets; managing bank relationships; working capital; credit risk and any other ad hoc initiatives, projects or process improvements.
- Support the Group Treasurer by reviewing or preparing treasury financial reporting for the interim and annual accounts. Review the monthly Treasury report before publication.
- Work alongside the Group Treasurer on M&A activity, i.e. due diligence, closing, funding and integration. May take the treasury lead on smaller M&A projects.
- Deputise for the Group Treasurer in his absence.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and controls, and external rules and regulations.
- University degree with significant finance/treasury experience; a fully qualified finance and/or treasury professional with many years post qualification experience in treasury management.
- Strong Corporate Treasury background/knowledge and previous front office/dealing experience and familiarity with local banking and cash management rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with debt documentation and financial legal concepts and clauses.
- Strong understanding of risk, controls and processes.
Find out more and apply
If this role is of interest please get in touch with Joe Rudkin on 0207 415 2800 or send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org