February 12, 2018
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
Job type: Permanent
Posted on: 12 Feb 2018
About our client
Vesuvius plc are a global leader in metal flow engineering, providing a full range of engineering services and solutions to its customers worldwide, principally serving the steel and foundry industries.
The business operates in 38 countries, with nearly 11,000 employees worldwide.
The Group Treasury Function is a centralised function which provides committed funding to the Vesuvius Group; manages treasury risks; manages transaction FX exposures across the Group; drives cash management efficiencies; and provides treasury expertise to the Vesuvius Group as a whole. The key responsibilities of the Group Treasurer are as follows:
- Ensure best practice in all aspects of treasury management.
- Management of all day-to-day head office treasury operations (cash management, facility drawdowns, intercompany funding, sale and purchase of foreign currency).
- Specific responsibility for treasury risk management (liquidity risk, counterparty risk, foreign exchange risk, interest rate risk).
- Provide expert advice to Group's operating companies on treasury and funding issues.
- Develop systems and process efficiencies within the treasury department, in particular:
- Develop and implement regular treasury reporting.
- Assess whether a treasury management system is justified (currently Excel based) and provide a recommendation.
- Keep up to date with external developments in markets, banking and treasury management identifying risks and opportunities for the Group.
Foreign exchange exposure management
- Design and execution of a comprehensive process to minimise transactional FX exposures covering third party exposures, intercompany exposures and cash balances. Requires a fresh look at our Group policies to assess what could potentially be improved.
- Management of translational exposures.
- Lead tax efficient initiatives to repatriate cash from around the group to facilitate repayment of central debt.
- Finalise implementation of regional cash pools such that liquidity can be more efficiently managed across the group/cash balance reduced.
- Review and potentially update treasury risk management policy.
- Manage treasury contribution to annual report preparation.
- Maintain and develop relationship with banking partners in relation to local business requirements and treasury-specific banking needs.
- Manage supplier finance programme - ensure procurement team has everything required to push this forward.
- Support Group Head of Corporate Finance in fund raising and other ad hoc projects as required.
- Manage and support Cash Manager, providing opportunities for development as appropriate.
The successful applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- A recognised UK accounting qualification and/or AMCT/ MCT qualification.
- At least 3 years' experience as a group treasurer in a multinational B2B company no less complex than Vesuvius (operations in >40 countries across the globe, with c.80 financial controllers).
And experience in:
- The design and establishment of effective transactional FX hedging procedures (third party, intercompany and cash).
- The establishment of effective cash management procedures (track record of achieving material reductions in day-to-day group liquidity requirements).
- Development of appropriate risk management strategies.
- Execution of financial derivative transactions e.g. using forwards to achieve a certain target mix of debt currencies.
- Liaising with lending bankers.
- Establishment and management of best practice documentation procedures (likely to require some hands-on involvement until back office work handed over to shared service centre in Poland.
- Working with a small central Treasury team, such that it is critical that the individual has experience in working with and harnessing a diverse Group of internal stakeholders to deliver treasury projects.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com for more information.
Ref code: MPTS13888568Z
Closing date: 08/03/2018