Manager- Debt Capital Markets
February 13, 2018
Salary: c. £50,000- £60,000 plus benefits
Job type: Permanent
Posted on: 13 Feb 2018
Michael Page Treasury are supporting a leading FTSE50 utilities company in the recruitment of a Manager - Debt Capital Markets.
This role will support the delivery of the group-wide funding and investment strategy, through a combination of execution of transactions, such as bond issues, and bank loans, and managing debt investors. This is to ensure that the organisation meets its funding requirements reliably and cost-effectively, controlling financial risks and driving value for the group.
Detailed job description
Further responsibilities of the Manager - Debt Capital Markets include:
- Successfully execute the Group’s strategy to raise and invest cash, along with its banking facilities, identifying opportunities, providing the financial modelling, and executing transactions to ensure funding and investment requirements are met cost-effectively and within appropriate risk levels for the group. Lead the project management of routine financing transactions by managing multiple stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Monitor and assist with managing the financial risk exposures of the Group (including re-financing, liquidity, interest rate, foreign exchange and inflation risk) and execute the Group’s risk management strategy. Develop financial models, decision making frameworks, present analysis and recommendations for deals to senior management.
- Support the management of the relationships with debt investors, establishing credibility and enabling the company to meet its growth agenda.
- Assist with the management of the day to day relationships with the Group’s debt investors, providing information on the financial performance and strategy of the Group. Assist with roadshow presentations to promote the financial position and access to financing.
- Support the management of the group-wide relationships with the Group’s banking group, managing the facilities in place, measuring and ensuring appropriate reward for performance.
- Monitor global financial markets and the banking environment and suggest opportunities for transactions to raise funds, invest cash and manage financial risks, analysing and taking into consideration the impact of tax, accounting, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the updating of the Group business plan liaising with Corporate Finance departments and provide relevant financial information to support the decision-making process for the regulatory finance and business development teams.
- Prepare reports to the Finance Committee of the Board and subsidiary Board papers on performance and transactions, ensuring senior management have accurate and complete information on treasury performance.
To be considered for the Manager- Debt Capital Markets position you require:
- Proven track record of maintaining excellent business relationships.
- Keen interest in financial markets and the economy. Strong understanding of how macro-economic data will affect treasury transactions.
- Strong financial mathematical modelling skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, in particular the ability to summarise complex transactions, weighing up all of the relevant factors, such as how transactions impact other areas of the business to senior management and in formal papers to the Finance Committee of the Board.
Find out more and apply
Job ref: 13896731