Treasury Funding Manager
06 Jun 18
Salary: £65,000 pa
Job type: Permanent
Posted on: 6 Jun 2018
As Treasury Funding Manager you will initially work with the Head of Treasury/Investments Manager to build, but in due course you will have responsibility for, an exciting new role and process to provide development loans throughout the Trust to fund significant amounts of the Trust’s commercial development.
As treasury is a new function, you will also support the Head of Treasury/Investments Manager in developing the other areas of treasury such as raising finance, cashflow forecasting and management, working capital management, treasury controls etc.
What it's like to work here
We provide the best possible working environment for you throughout the building whilst also promoting and fostering a sociable Heelis Community. Do great things for us and we’ll do great things for you and your career.
Heelis is the Central Office for the National Trust; it was named after one of the Trust’s biggest benefactors Mrs William Heelis, There are approximately 500 staff from across the Trust’s directorates, including the Executive team and the Director General, are based here.
Heelis was designed to be highly sustainable and has won a number of nationally recognised awards. Designed by Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects in 2005, this architectural gem uses timber from our woodlands and wool from Herdwick sheep grazed on Trust farmlands, to help make Heelis a unique working environment.
What you'll be doing
Liaising with senior management throughout the Trust’s wider finance and operational community, you will create a pipeline of commercial projects with potentially high returns that currently have no finance available. You will robustly challenge and review the commercial cases proposed by senior management. You will also provide an on-going review of existing projects and loans thereby ensuring development loans are provided within a rigorous commercial framework and deliver real value to the Trust.
You will agree loan terms, documentation and impact through the Finance Model, provide funds and then ensure accounting is accurate, thereby ensuring the whole administrative process for development loans is as efficient as possible. With the Head of Treasury/Investment Manager you will also support in building what is a new function generally, helping to address other Treasury and Investments issues and projects, such as raising finance, optimising the Trust’s cashflow forecasting and management, improving working capital management, developing treasury controls, policies and procedures etc.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this post you will need to:
- Be a qualified accountant with particular knowledge in commercial accounting and the ability to critically appraise business cases
- Be highly commercial. You’ll need to be able to critically appraise potentially significant business cases making them as good as they can be
- Be comfortable working in an evolving function whereby you will be key in shaping the agenda
- Have excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills with the gravitas and strength to be able to challenge
Please note the advertised salary is inclusive of a £13k reviewable market supplement. Your base salary will be £52,000 and you will receive the market supplement as an allowance.
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Closing date: 17th Jun 2018
For more information and to apply, please follow: https://careers.nationaltrust.org.uk/OA_HTML/a/#/vacancy-detail/61307