Assistant Manager, Banking
12 Jun 18
Job type: Permanent
Posted on: 12 Jun 2018
Michael Page Treasury are currently recruiting for an Assistant Manager, Banking to join a leading FTSE 100 organisation based in Luton.
Reporting to the Banking Manager, the Assistant Manager, Banking will be responsible for overseeing the day to day back office processes. This will include all treasury related payments and confirmation matching of trades. In addition, you will also focus on process improvements and control enhancements.
As a key member of the treasury back office team you will enjoy building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Operating within the Financial Control area you will ensure our values around governance are maintained.
The key accountabilities of the Assistant Manager, Banking role include:
- Checking and releasing the daily Money Market Fund (MMF) recalls and investments through the NEX Treasury platform
- Using initiative to challenge any unusual activity from the Front Office
- Confirmation matching of the transactions undertaken by the Front Office within a T+2 basis to adhere to market regulation, i.e. independently verifying with the counterparty that the terms of the transaction are as the front office stated; through Misys, Treasury Management System (TMS) or faxed instructions where necessary
- Settlement of confirmed treasury transactions, i.e. issuing/receiving payment instructions to/from counterparties including the facilitation and settlement of ad-hoc Treasury payments
- Preparing and posting of the treasury daily journal to reflect the day’s activity into our ERP system.
- Performing the EMIR reconciliation at month end through our designated confirmation tool for all counterparty banks. To be able to challenge and chase down when items are incorrect or outstanding on a timely basis
- Controlling any update to Standard Settlement Instructions (SSI’s) including the set-up of any new counterparties in the TMS
- Download daily rates from Bloomberg into the TMS platform and ERP system and distributing FX rates to finance and the Customer service team.
- Loading all significant Treasury related payments on the TMS where due and arranging release through the TMS/B2 MultiBank.
- Maintaining and updating the Treasury dealing mandate
- Managing the Letters of Credit/Bank Guarantee register including challenging the business as to their requirement and logging activity
- Maintaining detailed and robust process notes for all tasks for business continuity
- Enhancing the Back Office control framework and driving of process improvements at every opportunity
- Support with the KPI reporting of Back Office performance, e.g. number of payment rejects/late payments/late payment charges
- Act as a cover for the Bank Payments Supervisor and Assistant Accountant to enable flexibility within the team.
- Deputising for the Banking Manager.
- Understanding of the wider Treasury team activities, including Front and Middle Office to support those functions
To be considered for the Assistant Manager, Banking position you require:
The package on offer is up to £35,000 plus benefits. Please contact:
What's on offer?
Find out more and apply
Job ref: 13928156
The package on offer is up to £35,000 plus benefits.