Treasury Operations Analyst
14 Jun 18
Salary: c. £35,000
Job type: Permanent
Posted on: 14 Jun 2018
Michael Page Treasury are recruiting a Treasury Operations Analyst on behalf of a FTSE250 property development and Investment company based in Central London.
The main purpose of this role will be to assist the Assistant Treasurer in managing the Group’s debt and cash operations and related reporting requirements. You will also be tasked with managing the treasury systems and bank accounts within the group.
Detailed job description
The key responsibilities of the Treasury Operations Analyst role include:
- Oversee the daily cash management, money market deposits and responsibility for liquidity funds to maintain efficient cash management and manage risk around counterparties with cash placing.
- Management of group debt to minimise group net interest expense. This will include managing, reviewing and signing off borrowings from committed bank lines and drawdown requests prepared by the Treasury Assistant.
- Ensure the treasury reporting is accurate and effective and supports financial decision making. This will include assisting the Treasury Assistant with weekly net debt reconciliations, taking responsibility for the monthly treasury report and supporting the Assistant Treasurer with quarterly reporting requirements.
- Support the Assistant Treasurer with maintaining records of net investment hedging documentation in compliance with IAS39, covenant compliance documentation on bonds, bank facilities and secured debt and reporting requirements under the EMIR regulations.
- System owner and administrator of dedicated treasury software to record all treasury activities.
- Responsibility for management of all bank accounts within the group, this will include maintenance of existing accounts as well as arranging new accounts and organising any KYC requirements.
- Maintain monthly control lists of all banks accounts owned or managed within the Group.
- Manage improvements and upgrades to systems as well as routine maintenance.
- Develop and maintain strong banking relationships especially within the group’s banking syndicate to support the company; develop appropriate internal relationships to ensure the team is meeting business needs.
To be considered for the Treasury Operations Analyst position you require:
Good general education (strong maths essential)
- Previous experience within a financial role, ideally with an accounting bias
- A keen interest in treasury
- Highly numerate
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective organisation skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines, juggling multiple priorities
- Proven ability to work under own initiative
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, specifically Excel
- Ability to build effective relationships across the business
- Ability to demonstrate effective teamwork
- Experience of UK corporate treasury
- Experience of the property industry
- Effective project management skills
- Knowledge of the operational processes for finance transactions (e.g. unsecured credit facilities, secured financing, bond issues and private placements)
Find out more and apply
Job ref: 13925940