10 Oct 18
Location: London, City
Salary: £80,000 - £100,000
Job type: Permanent
Posted on: 10 Oct 2018
My client is a FTSE 250 listed corporate based in central London and following a period of significant change the Group Treasurer is looking to recruit a Deputy/Assistant Treasurer to support and deputise across all areas of treasury.
Role & responsibilities
Supporting the Group Treasurer, the remit for this role is broad and fluid in nature. Operating within a compact team, the Deputy Treasurer will be required to own and deliver a range of activities:
- Arrangement of debt funding aligned to the strategic goals of the business
- Creating and presenting options to shape refinancing strategy
- Providing input on treasury work streams of M&A activity
- Together with the Group Treasurer, manage and develop the group’s relationships with lenders
- Leading the continuation of a successful TMS implementation which is entering its third and final phase
- Reviewing, monitoring and reporting on covenant compliance across senior debt facilities
- Ongoing continuous improvement of the structure of treasury systems and processes to ensure these are integrated with group-wide systems and delivering efficiencies where possible
- Involvement in day to day treasury operations with primary ownership of operational policies
- Ownership of FX and interest rate hedging; looking for opportunities to hedge more effectively and to implement best practice around hedging policies
- Maintaining regular contact with the board including writing board papers to provide expert advice on treasury matters
- Negotiating performance bond and letter of credit facilities utilised by the group
- Development and implementation of working capital initiatives
- Coaching of treasury staff through their career development and ACT studies
The successful candidate will be ambitious, resilient and enthusiastic to progress their career in corporate treasury.
- Demonstrable related experience in a similar FTSE-listed business
- MCT or AMCT qualified by exam
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a dynamic, fast paced setting
- Ability to maintain a robust control environment in entrepreneurial surroundings
- Strong communicator and influencer, commercially-minded and able to approach and challenge colleagues and external professionals to understand and resolve issues
For further information please contact Rachael on 0207 332 9598 or Rachaelcrocker@brewermorris.com.
All third party CVs will be forwarded to Brewer Morris.