Terms and conditions for the website
These terms and conditions apply to the use of the www.treasurers.org website. By using this website, you are agreeing to accept these terms and conditions (the Conditions). These Conditions can change at any time and it is your responsibility to check these Conditions regularly before using or ordering anything from the website in case there are any changes. If you do not agree with the Conditions set out below, you should not use or access this website.
If you have any queries relating to our Conditions, please contact the relevant person listed for the service you wish to use before using the site or placing an order.
www.treasurers.org is the website of the Association of Corporate Treasurers and its wholly-owned subsidiary ACT (Administration) Ltd (collectively referred to as ACT), registered office 68 King William Street, London EC4N 7DZ.
- Your contract for purchases made through www.treasurers.org is with ACT and you undertake that all goods ordered by you are for your own private use only and are not for resale.
- You warrant that all details you provide to www.treasurers.org for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods are true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and that you are authorised to use the credit or debt card for the transaction and that there are sufficient funds in your account to cover payment of the product(s) ordered.
- You agree that email can be used as a means of communication.
- During the registration process, you must choose a username and password. You are responsible for all actions taken under that username and password and must only purchase from www.treasurers.org under your own username and password. You must make every effort to keep your password safe and should not disclose it to anyone. If it is compromised, you must change it. You may not transfer or sell your username to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone to use your username or password. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform ACT as soon as possible.
- ACT reserves the right to terminate our agreement with you and to suspend or terminate your access to the site immediately and without notice to you if:-
- You fail to make payment to us when due
- You breach any of our terms and conditions
- When requested by us to do so, you fail to provide within a reasonable timeframe sufficient information to enable us to determine the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity
- We suspect you have engaged, or are about to engage, or have way of being involved in fraudulent or illegal activity on www.treasurers.org.
Ordering and making payments online
The following Conditions will apply between you and ACT when you purchase an item from www.treasurers.org. The Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
www.treasurers.org accepts most major credit/debit cards
All credit and debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Cancelling an order
The ACT seeks to comply at all times with its obligations under the EU directive on the protection of consumers in respect of distance contracts (the Directive) and with its obligations under any applicable UK distance selling legislation which may be implemented from time to time (Legislation). Your rights under the Directive and any Legislation are set out on the applicable order form for the ACT goods or services. It is important that you read the information contained in each order form carefully. Subject to your rights under the Directive and/or any Legislation. Cancellations for conferences and training are available below:
Our website technology will not prevent you from making more than one booking at an event. If you make any booking in error, the ACT is under no obligation to give you a refund except as outlined above.
Delivery outside the UK
If your delivery address is outside of the UK, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. You must meet any additional charges for customs clearance. Customs policies vary widely from country to country and we recommend you contact your local customs office for further information.
International shipments may be subject to cross-border inspections by customs authorities.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, our officers, directors, employees agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this website, or the use by any other person accessing the website using your account and/or your personal information.
We do not except liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications, location and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
We do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the website, information contained on the website or for any products or services purchased from www.treasurers.org.
We have taken every measure to prevent internet fraud and ensure any data collected from you is stored as securely and safely as possible. However, we cannot be held liable in the extremely unlikely event of a breach in our secure computer servers.
We shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events.
Whilst the ACT endeavours to ensure its responses are accurate, timely and correct, the ACT, its officers and employees cannot accept any responsibility or liability (whether express or implied, contractual, tortuous or otherwise) for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the responses. This also applies to any third parties that the ACT may seek advice from.
We will not be liable for the accuracy, correctness or timeliness of any response to questions raised via the website.
We make no warranty that the website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the website.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the products or services. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including without limitation negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions
The copyright in this site belongs to the ACT.
Any unauthorised use by you of any trade marks, copyright materials or any other information contained on www.treasurers.org will constitute a breach of these general terms and conditions and an infringement of intellectual property rights.
You may not use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, licence, create derivative works from, post, broadcast, transfer or sell any information or material (whether in hard copy or electronic format) obtained from this site. You are permitted to browse this site and may only download a single copy of the material to your personal computer for viewing purposes and print out pages for your personal use. Except to the extent provided by law or in accordance with this copyright notice you must not (but without limitation) reproduce or store any part of this site or materials in any other web site or in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service. You must retain on any copy made all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original material. If you do not observe any of these requirements, we reserve the right to require you to destroy any copies you have made of such material and refuse you permission to use the material contained on this site.
The information contained on www.treasurers.org is for general guidance only. You should neither act, nor refrain from action, on the basis of any such information. Information on the website does not constitute any form of advice or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities and must not be relied upon for any investment decision.
- When you lawfully or with our consent copy, print or quote from any of this Site or materials, you must do so fairly and give due accreditation to us, our suppliers and this Site.
- Except as we expressly permit, you must not in any way modify any materials on or obtained from this Site.
- Any rights not expressly granted in these terms or otherwise are reserved.
Third party information
Part of this site may contain material submitted by third parties (including ACT members). The ACT will not be responsible for any error, omission or inaccuracy in the material submitted by third parties and reserves the right to omit, suspend or change the position of any material submitted. Any arrangements made between you and any third party named on this site are at your sole risk and responsibility.
We cannot be held responsible for material displayed on third party websites or any other written material.
The ACT cannot be held responsible for the validity of any of the links and it is your responsibility to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
Please read our legal notice relating to defamation, comments to the site and contribution to the Student Discussion Forums.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to the Conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your Statutory Rights are not affected by these Conditions. Nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.