Terms and conditions for events and conferences
Cancellation terms will apply once a completed booking has been received either via the ACT website or as a completed booking form from the conference brochure (inclusive or exclusive of payment). Please note that cancellations can only be accepted in writing and are subject to the following conditions:
- ACT Annual Conference: cancellations must be received more than 40 days before the conference start date for a refund of the full fee less a 15% (plus VAT) administration fee.
- Smart Cash: cancellations must be received more than 40 days before the conference start date for a refund of the full fee less a 15% (plus VAT) administration fee.
- ACT Middle East Summit: cancellations must be received more than 40 days before the conference start date for a refund of the full fee less a 15% (plus VAT) administration fee.
- ACT Europe Conference: cancellations must be received more than 40 days before the conference start date for a refund of the full fee less a 15% (plus VAT) administration fee.
- All other ACT events: cancellations must be received more than 30 days before the event start date for a refund of the full fee less a 15% (plus VAT) administration fee.
- Cancellations received less than the above number of days before the conference start date will not be refunded, but a nomination for a replacement delegate will be accepted free of charge.
In the unlikely event of cancellation of the conference by the ACT, delegates will be offered a full refund or a credit note against an equivalent future ACT conference.
Please note that delegate fees will not be refunded in the event of the threat of war, terrorism or circumstances outside of the ACT’s control. The ACT reserves the right to make minor alterations to the content and timing of the programme or to the identity of the speakers.
If you have booked a delegate place and are subsequently offered a complimentary/discount code then we will be unable to add the discount to your booking. You may however cancel the registration (in line with the applicable cancellation terms, including payment of a 15% (plus VAT) administration fee) and re-book using the complimentary/discount code.
- Any place you book for a free-to attend event is freely transferable to a colleague within your organisation and no charge will be incurred if a colleague attends in your place provided we have been notified by you or the replacement in advance. Replacements can be notified to us at any time before the day of the event.
- If neither you nor any colleague is able to attend an event please notify us at least 72 hours prior to the event so that the place can be made available to another delegate on the waiting list. There is no charge for cancellations made up to 72 hours prior to the event. Failure to notify us of a cancellation at least 72 hours prior to the event will incur a charge (in accordance with the table below) to cover the cost of a delegate place at the event. An invoice will be sent to you after the event.
- If you fail to attend, or provide a replacement for, a free-to-attend event without providing 72 hours’ notice three times in any 12-month period then you may become ineligible for complimentary places at future events.
|Briefing||£50.00 + 15% administration fee (plus VAT)|
|Half-day event||£75.00 + 15% administration fee (plus VAT)|
|One-day event||£125.00 + 15% administration fee (plus VAT)|
|Two-day event||£200.00 + 15% administration fee (plus VAT)|
Delegate instructions are sent to all delegates before the start of an event. If you have not received your delegate instructions 72 hours before the event please notify a member of the ACT events team by calling +44 (0)20 7847 2589 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ACT accepts no responsibility for non-receipt of joining instructions and a non-attendance charge will not be waived under such circumstances.
Payment is due 21 days from invoice date or before the event takes place, whichever is soonest. In order to keep your place secure full payment must be received prior to the event.
- Credit/debit card payments may be made through the ACT secure online payment site: https://secure.treasurers.org/makepayment
- Cheques should be made payable to ACT (Administration) Ltd. and sent to the address below.
BACS Payments should be made to: ACT (Administration) Ltd, National Westminster
Bank: sort code 60-00-01, account number 01053760. Please quote your invoice number as a reference.
Credit card details can only be accepted through our secure online system, by telephone, or by fax or post to the address below. Please note that credit card details via email cannot be accepted under any circumstances.
Bookings and cancellation address
The Association of Corporate Treasurers
68 King William Street
London EC4N 7DZ
T: +44 (0)20 7847 2589
Consent to filming
The ACT films, records and photographs its events for broadcast on, among other things, its website. By booking a place at an event you confirm your agreement with the ACT that:
- you assign to the ACT the copyright, performers' property rights and all other rights in any filming, recording or photography of you at the event for use in all media; and
- the ACT may edit, adapt or translate (provided that to do so is not in any way disparaging) any filming or recording of you and you agree not to exercise any “moral rights” (the rights set out in sections 77 to 89 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988) you may have against ACT (or any third parties authorised by ACT) in respect of any use ACT makes of any filming or recording of you.
If you don’t consent to the ACT filming, recording or photographing you at the event then please notify the cameraperson or photographer at the time and email email@example.com.