Technical Guidance and Comment
As the chartered professional body for treasury we work hard on a number of fronts – policy submissions and consultations, technical updates, and interactions with regulators and legislators to address issues for treasury practitioners and help improve professional standards in the financial sector.
Our knowledge base and technical archive is fully searchable using the search function to the right and further resources are available through the Treasurer's Wiki. An overview of the key technical aspects of treasury is available through the competency framework.
ACT briefing notes are freely available as a valuable source of guidance and updates on key issues affecting treasury.
Policy & Technical Committee
The manifesto explains the aims and scope of the ACT’s technical work and the general stance that will be taken by the ACT in formulating and publishing any official views on technical matters.
The work of the policy & technical officers is guided and assisted by the Policy & Technical Committee. Current members of the committee are:
- Charles Barlow, Coats
- Tim Boxell, Slaughter and May
- Sarah-Jane Chilver-Stainer, GlaxoSmithKline
- Alistair Clark, Tesco
- Judith Harris-Jones
- Tim Hayter, Bunzl
- Edward Hoefling, Innovation Consultancy Services
- Kwok Liu, National Grid
- Charlotte Morgan, ED & F man Holdings
- Stephen Powell, Slaughter and May
- Stephen Pugh, Adnams
- Chris Raftopoulos, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Graham Robinson, PwC
- Alison Stevens (Chair), Phoenix Group
- Martyn Smith, Dyson
- Yann Umbricht, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Stanislav Varkalov, Lloyds Bank